New facility will reduce sanitary sewer backups for more than 2,000 homes
The City of Elmhurst recently approved a contract with RJN Group Inc. for the final design of the Southwest Elmhurst Wet Weather Control Facility. RJN will provide the final design for the project, which includes the following five main elements:
- 1. Enlarging the existing Jackson Street sanitary sewer to carry more flow to the Saylor and Jackson lift station
- 2. Improvements to the existing lift station, including new pumps and controls
- 3. A new 2 million gal storage tank near the city’s wastewater treatment plant
- 4. A new 18-in. diameter pressurized wet weather force main to connect to the new storage tank
- 5. A new 10-in. dry weather force main to replace the existing force main that has reached the end of its useful life
RJN will also provide services for the preparation of bid packages. Construction on the project is targeted for completion in late 2014. This project will reduce sanitary sewer backups for more than 2,000 homes in the city of Elmhurst.