Last week WWD’s editorial staff attended AWWA ACE12 in Dallas.
The four-day event offered numerous workshops, technical sessions and networking opportunities. Exhibitors filled the halls with new technologies and product demos.
AWWA also organized various facility tours and events such as the always popular Pipe Tapping, Meter Madness and Water Taste Test competitions.
We were happy to meet many of you at the show, but for those of you who were unable to attend, here is a brief overview of key ACE12 highlights:
- • The Birmingham Water Works Pipe Tapping team won its ninth first-place title.
- • The Fremont, Neb., Department of Utilities won the eighth annual “Best of the Best” Water Taste Test.
- • WWD editorial staff toured the Southside Wastewater Treatment Plant Cogeneration Facility, which emphasized the value of public-private partnerships.
- • Talks of the retiring water workforce continued to spark discussions at the show.
- • Municipal compliance with EPA’s Stage 2 Disinfection Byproduct Rule was a key concern.
- • Energy consumption monitoring, AMI, asset management, and customer costs and consumption reporting solutions were prominent on the show floor.
The editorial staff looks forward to next year’s event in Denver.