ITT Goulds Pumps takes top product honors at 2012 Pump Industry Awards
An ITT Goulds Pumps product serving the mining industry took top honors at this year's Pump Industry Awards, presented by the British Pump Manufacturers' Assn.
The XHD Extra Heavy-Duty Lined Slurry Pump was chosen from among eight finalists as the "most innovative pump, pumping system or other pump related product introduced onto the market within the last 12 months, with effectiveness being demonstrated via application details."
Announced last November, the XHD pump is designed to allow mines and related operations to move heavy slurries with improved reliability at lower operating cost. It can be maintained even while running, and requires less downtime for service procedures with parts that are more accessible and adjustable than in other slurry pumps.
Buddy Morris, global product manager for ITT Goulds Pumps, said the company is pleased to be recognized for creating a next-generation product in direct response to customer needs.
"The XHD pump's innovative features are generating great interest in the mining and minerals market because they were specially designed to maximize uptime -- and therefore value -- for our customers," said Morris. "By listening to the voice of our customers, we developed this product with the commitment to maintain peak performance and efficiency, while extending wear life."
The XHD pump's short bearing housing is easily adaptable to nearly any existing foundation, so operators can replace existing slurry pumps without investing in costly refitting of pipes, electrical lines and concrete base structures. Other key features include:
- -Adjustable suction seal ring - Enables adjustment even while the pump is running, compensates for wear and maintains optimum impeller clearance for peak performance
- -Split stuffing box - Improves accessibility for easier and faster packing maintenance
- -Dual impeller adjustment - Provides quick, easy access for operators to perform impeller corrections
- -Replaceable wet end cartridge - Allows operators to change parts more quickly and efficiently, with the help of a unique, tapered impeller shaft
- -i-Alert condition monitor - ITT's proprietary technology measures vibration and temperature, and signals users with a blinking red LED when it detects a potential problem. This allows operators to prevent catastrophes before they occur.
The XHD pump is designed to work optimally on both Service Class III (heavy) and Class IV (very heavy) slurries as defined by the Hydraulic Institute. The pump is available in six discharge sizes, ranging from 80mm (3 inches) to 300mm (12 inches), and in four power frames. Its flow range extends to 2,950 cu meters per hour, or 13,000 gal per minute, and discharge pressures to 85 meters or 280 feet.
Winners of the 2012 Pump Industry Awards were announced at a ceremony in Solihull, England on March 22. Along with the technical innovation award for products presented to ITT Goulds Pumps, individuals and organizations in seven other categories were honored.