Seventh annual event will provide jobseekers a chance to meet with employers
The American Water Works Assn. (AWWA) will host its seventh annual Career Fair for students, young professionals and job seekers from 1 to 4 p.m. on June 14 during AWWA’s Annual Conference and Exposition (ACE11) at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
The ACE11 Career Fair is an opportunity for people interested in careers in the water industry to learn more about water professions and meet with top water and wastewater firms and utilities. As in the past, more than 250 attendees and 20 exhibitors are expected to participate. Attendees at the ACE11 Career Fair will:
• Be included in a résumé CD given to all exhibiting companies prior to the Career Fair;
• Meet with and learn about more than 20 potential employers. Previous Career Fair exhibitors included Siemens, CDM, Metcalf & Eddy, Carollo, CH2M Hill, HDR and Stantec Consulting;
• Have the opportunity to post résumés and look at jobs on the Career Opportunities board;
• Be entered to win an Amazon Kindle, sponsored by CDM; and
• Be invited to the Student, Employer, and Young Professionals Meet & Greet Reception, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. following the Career Fair.
Mileage reimbursement is available to students on a first come, first served basis.
Job seekers wishing to attend the ACE11 Career Fair should submit their résumés to the AWWA Career Center  to be included in the résumé book. The deadline for submitting résumés is May 6.
While the career fair is free, students also have an opportunity to purchase a student registration to the conference. Registration gives students full access to ACE11 for $55. Students wishing to attend ACE can register online .
There are still a few spots open for employers wishing to participate in the ACE11 Career Fair. Exhibitors will have the opportunity to meet with future water professionals and listen to a student panel discussion on workforce issues. Employers also will receive a complimentary résumé book. Companies interested in exhibiting should contact Sara Wrenn at email@example.com  or 303.347.6235.