Dan McCarthy, president and CEO of Black & Veatch’s global water business, will host the company’s fifth in a series of roundtable discussions on barriers to water reuse during AWWA ACE10 in Chicago.
Cindy Wallis-Lage, senior vice president and executive managing director of technical solutions, will lead the reuse discussion at the June 23 media event, which will be open to registered media representatives.
During the past year, representatives of utilities from around the world have shared insights about how to overcome the barriers to implementation of reuse as part of an integrated water resources management portfolio, with media invited to most of the dialogues. The final roundtable discussion in the series will take place at Singapore International Water Week during the week following the AWWA event, and a whitepaper will be published with notable findings from all of the global discussions.
Throughout the AWWA conference, expert water/wastewater technology leaders and other professionals from Black & Veatch are participating in 23 technical presentations and workshops, covering such topics as:
- Sustainability metrics: decision approaches for water planning;
- Desalination facility design and operation for maximum energy efficiency;
- Energy optimization of UV reactor dose monitoring strategies;
- “Triple Bottom Line” approach for the design of the largest NEWater facility (the Sembcorp NEWater Plant) in Singapore;
- Zero liquid discharge desalination: results from two water research foundation projects;
- Cost-effective planning for new disinfection byproduct regulations; and
- Planning issues in the design of reclaimed water distribution systems.