New board will be primarily responsible for providing organizational oversight to the Institute and guiding the direction of its strategic plan
The Hydraulic Institute (HI) of pump manufacturers and suppliers to the pump industry in North America announced its 2010 board of directors and officers during its 93rd Annual Meeting recently held on Marco Island, Fla. The new board will be primarily responsible for providing organizational oversight to the Institute and guiding the direction of its strategic plan.
Dennis Ziegler, president and CEO of GIW Industries, Inc., is the newly elected chairman of the board. Ziegler served as 2009 president of HI and received the President’s Award at the meeting gala in recognition for his efforts and leadership in that capacity.
Ken Napolitano, president, ITT Residential & Commercial Water, will assume the HI Presidency. Napolitano, who previously served HI as vice president, knowledge and education in 2009, was recognized for this service and received HI’s Vice President’s Award.
The new board also includes three vice presidents: Dave McKinstry, vice president, IMO Pump, was re-elected to serve as vice president of technical affairs; Dean Douglas, president, Dover Pump Solutions Group will serve as vice president, member services; Jim Swetye, regional training manager, Grundfos Pumps USA, is the new vice president, knowledge and education.
Additional Board members include:
• Sven Olsen, president, Leistritz Corp.;
• Mike Medaska, vice president, ARO Fluid Products;
• Rich Heppe, president, Industrial Motors & Systems, Emerson/U.S. Motors;
• Mike Sutter, vice president and general manager, Flowserve Flow Solutions Group;
• Chad Tuttle, chief operating officer, Americas, CLYDEUNION
• Dave Brockway, president, Intelliquip, LLC;
• Dave Roland, president, Pentair Engineered Flow Technologies;
• Tom Conroy, vice president and general manager, Chempump – a div. of Teikoku USA, Inc.