Trinity River Authority CReWSers defeated 42 teams from the U.S., Canada and Argentina
The Trinity River Authority CReWSers captured the first-place trophy during the Operations Challenge competition at WEFTEC.08 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Coached by Raudel Juarez, the team of Jacob Burwell, Dale Burrow, Steve Price and David Brown defeated 42 teams from the U.S., Canada and Argentina to take top honors during the fast-paced, two-day event. Full competition results include:
• First Place: Trinity River Authority CReWSers—Water Environment Association of Texas;
• Second Place: LA Wrecking Crew—California Water Environment Association; and
• Third Place: s.C.R.A.P.P.E.R.S—Ohio Water Environment Association.
• First Place: Terminal Velocity—Virginia Water Environment Association;
• Second Place: Wasted Gas—Water Environment Association of Utah; and
• Third Place: Die Jesters—Pennsylvania Water Environment Association.
Celebrating its 21st year, Operations Challenge has grown from an original 22-team event to its current 43-team, two division format. Winners are determined by a weighted point system for five events including collection systems, laboratory, process control, maintenance and safety. The events are designed to test the diverse skills required for the operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment facilities, their collection systems and laboratories—all vital to the protection of public health and the environment.
WEFTEC.08 hosted more than 18,000 of the world’s leading water quality experts and 1,000 companies featuring the latest in water quality technology.