Fourth annual career fair expected to draw more than 200 attendees and 30 exhibitors
The American Water Works Association (AWWA) will host its fourth annual Career Fair for students, young professionals and job seekers on June 10 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., during AWWA's Annual Conference and Exposition (ACE08) at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
The ACE08 Career Fair is an ideal opportunity for people interested in careers in the water industry to learn more about the water profession and meet with top water and wastewater firms and utilities. As in the past, more than 200 attendees and 30 exhibitors are expected to participate.
Attendees at the ACE08 Career Fair will:
• Be included in a résumé book given to all exhibiting companies prior to the Career Fair;
• Meet with and learn about more than 30 potential employers. Among the Career Fair exhibitors are Siemens, CDM, Metcalf & Eddy, Carollo, CH2M Hill, HDR and Stantec Consulting;
• Have the opportunity to post résumés and look at jobs on the employment board;
• Be entered to win an iPhone, sponsored by CDM; and
• Be invited to the Student, Employer and Young Professionals Meet & Greet Reception, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. following the Career Fair.
Job seekers wishing to attend the ACE08 Career Fair should submit their résumés at AWWA's online career center at www.awwa.org/careercenter  to be included in the résumé book. The deadline for submitting résumés is May 1, 2008.
While the career fair is free, students also have an opportunity to purchase a student registration to the conference. Registration gives students full access to ACE -- five days to explore the most pressing water issues, experience cutting-edge water industry technology and take part in unmatched opportunities to learn more about the water profession -- all for the low price of $55. Students wishing to attend ACE can register online at www.awwa.org/ace08 .
There are still a few spots open for employers wishing to participate in the ACE08 Career Fair. Exhibitors will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with the future of the water profession, as well as listen to a student panel discussion on workforce issues. Employers will also receive a complimentary résumé book. Companies interested in exhibiting should contact Jennifer Stone at email@example.com  or 303.347.6235.
For more information on the conference and registration, visit www.awwa.org/ace08  or call 800.926.7337.