Pennsylvania American Water Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program
Company will award grants of up to $10,000
Pennsylvania American Water announced that the application process is now open for its Environmental Grant Program to support innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect watersheds and community drinking water supplies.
The company will award grants of up to $10,000. The program is designed to support diverse types of activities, such as watershed cleanups, reforestation efforts, underground tank inspection programs, biodiversity projects, streamside buffer restoration projects, wellhead protection initiatives and hazardous waste collection efforts.
"Every individual and community has the ability to positively impact our water supplies and watersheds," said Kathy L. Pape, president, Pennsylvania American Water. "We encourage municipalities, schools, environmental organizations and civic groups to consider their impact and to apply for a grant."
To qualify, a proposed project must be:
• Located within Pennsylvania American Water's service area;
• Completed between June 1, 2008 and Nov. 1, 2008; and
• A new or innovative community initiative, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program.
Projects will be judged based on criteria including clarity of project goals and projected impact, nature and strength of collaboration with other community and/or municipal organizations and evidence that the project will provide sustainable environmental results after the Pennsylvania American Water's funding ends.
In 2007, the company's Environmental Grant Program awarded more than $31,000, which was shared among five recipients: Berks County Conservation District, Hallstead Borough (Susquehanna County), Pennsylvania Environmental Council -- Northeast Regional Council, South Park Township (Allegheny County) and the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy.
Grant application forms and additional information can be found at www.amwater.com. Applications must be postmarked by April 11, 2008.
More like this
- American Water Funds 2009 Environmental Grant Programs
- American Water Launches Environmental Grant Program in Pennsylvania
- Building a Sustainable America—One Community at a Time
- American Water Accepting Applications for Environmental Grant Program in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania American Water Launches Scholarship Program