Montpelier, Ohio has the best tap water in the world at least according to the judges in the 13th annual Berkeley Springs International Water Taste contest held Feb. 23 in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia.
Eight countries, 23 states, and the District of Columbia took part in the competition.
Montpelier, Ohio, won in the municipal category. Water systems in southern California, Canada and Michigan also got high marks.
The bottled-water prize went to Mountain Valley Spring Water of Hot Springs, Arkansas. The best carbonated water came from Harrogate Spa Water of Harrogate, Britain. Clear Creek Water Company won for purified drinking water, and StoneClear Springs won for package design.
The water was judged on appearance, odor, flavor, mouth feel, aftertaste and overall impression.
More like this
- Metropolitan Water District's Silver Medal Supports Its Water Quality Mandate
- Cities, Companies Vie for Title "World's Best Water"
- Towns in Sweden, California Win Best Water
- Daytona Beach Water Judged America's Best Tasting
- Seawright Holdings Enters Its Bottled Water in World's Most Prestigious Water Tasting Festival