House Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment to hold hearing
National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA) Chief Executive Officer Bill Hillman will testify before the House Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment at a hearing entitled "Opportunities and Challenges in the Creation of a Clean Water Trust Fund" on July 15 at 2 p.m. EDT.
Hillman will speak on the underground utility construction industry's views on the concept of a clean water trust fund as well as the potential funding sources evaluated in a recent report released by the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
Hillman will also summarize the findings of the Clean Water Council's economic impact study, Sudden Impact, which describes the ways that water infrastructure investment produces immediate economic benefits, from job creation to increased demand for goods and services, personal income and the expansion of state and local tax bases. NUCA's testimony will demonstrate the broad and significant impacts to America's economy that would come with the establishment of a long-term, self-sustaining clean water trust fund.
More like this
- House Bill Would Authorize Clean Water SRF Funding Increases
- NUCA Testifies For Higher SRF Appropriations, More Jobs For Contractors
- Clean Water Trust Fund Gains Traction at House Hearings
- NUCA President Testifies on Proposed Clean Water Restoration Act
- WEF Vice President Testifies at House Water Resources Hearing