The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) will be honored by the Ohio Society of Association Executives (OSAE) with the 2007 Achievement Award for Technology for its new Drilling Cost Calculator.
The award, given for the innovative application of technology in the improvement of member services, will be presented at OSAE’s annual meeting August 1 in Dayton, Ohio.
The Drilling Cost Calculator is a user-friendly tool developed by water well system contractors, for water well system contractors, to aid in profitably pricing jobs based on all costs associated with doing business. Using Microsoft Excel, the Drilling Cost Calculator takes into account workers compensation, salaries from executives to field workers, equipment costs, depreciation costs, and annual expenses as well as open-door costs for a new business.
This new product has been distributed to nearly 1,700 people, helping to drive a 10 percent increase in NGWA water well system contractor memberships in less than one year.
“This award is tangible recognition of what NGWA tries to do every day—give ground water professionals the tools they need to succeed,” said NGWA executive director Kevin McCray, CAE.
More like this
- NGWA Recognizes World Water Monitoring Day With New Observation Well
- Ground Water and Onsite Waste Water Recycling Groups to Collaborate
- August NGWA Conference to Discuss Opportunities in Geothermal Heating & Cooling
- Xylem to Showcase Groundwater Technology at NGWA 2013
- New NGWA Certification Program Launched For Ground Water Suppliers