NGWA Theis Conference to Focus on Groundwater and Climate Change
Eric J. Barron, Ph.D., director of the National Center for Atmospheric Research, is keynote speaker
The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) Theis Conference: Ground Water and Climate Change is being offered Oct. 2 to 5 in Boulder, Colo.
This conference will:
• Identify long-term impacts of climate change on groundwater resources;
• Explore groundwater management strategies that address climate change;
• Discuss possible solutions to mitigate the effects of climate change on groundwater availability and sustainability
• Identify the impact of extreme weather events on groundwater resources
• Allow participants to interact with groundwater and atmospheric scientists, as well as water resources managers; and
• Examine case studies presented by groundwater and atmospheric scientists.
The NGWA Theis Conference’s unique format is intended to stimulate and enhance individual and collaborative research, as well as accelerate the advance of the hydrologic sciences by providing an opportunity for the exchange of information and exciting new ideas. It draws together a diverse group of scientists, engineers, professionals and others from the national and international community for several days of focused examination of current issues.
This year’s Theis Conference keynote speaker is Eric J. Barron, Ph.D., director of the National Center for Atmospheric Research. During his career, he has worked to promote the intersection of the geological sciences with the atmospheric sciences and the field of Earth system science.
To learn more about this conference, visit www.ngwa.org and click on “Events/Education.”
More like this
- NGWA, GWPC to Hold April Meeting to Explore ‘Groundwater for a Thirsty World’
- Chinese Delegation Visits NGWA to Learn About Effects of Climate Change on Groundwater Supplies
- AWWA Webcast Explores Science Behind Nanotechnology
- Desalination Symposium Will Focus on Technology and Economic Opportunities
- Cal State Fullerton Professor Receives NGWA Awards