Hanes Geo Components of Winston Salem, N.C., has announced that its new location in the St. Louis market. This is the company’s second Missouri...
The National Ground Water Association (NGWA) announced the creation of the Robert Storm Interdivisional Cooperation Award to recognize extraordinary collaboration between professionals representing different segments of the groundwater industry.
The award’s namesake was instrumental in bringing together various segments of the groundwater industry in 1948 to create the National Water Well Association, which later became the NGWA.
Today, NGWA has four membership categories—the Contractors Division, the Association of Ground Water Scientists and Engineers, the Manufacturers Division and the Suppliers Division.
“The Robert Storm Award recognizes individuals who, through their activities or written works, contribute to promoting collaboration, enhancing cooperation and fostering community among all groundwater professionals—and to advancing the mutual interests of all those concerned with communicating the importance of the earth’s water resources,” stated NGWA’s Awards Subcommittee.
Award nominees can be individuals or teams, and need not be NGWA members. According to the award criteria:
* The award is limited to one collaboration or project each year;
* Multiple individuals from a collaboration or project can be recognized;
* Nominations can be accepted from the NGWA membership at large as well as its boards, committees and state associations;
* Nominations must come from an NGWA member;
* The award is limited to individuals or teams—associations and organizations are not eligible;
* The award is presented each year at NGWA’s Ground Water Expo; and
* The deadline for nominations is August 1.