The Vortab Co. shared details of its Elbow Flow Conditioner. The Vortab...
Event heads back to Las Vegas
A well-known groundwater industry event heads back to Las Vegas with the National Ground Water Assn.’s Ground Water Expo and Annual meeting on Dec. 7 to 10, 2010.
Early registration ends Nov. 5.
Concurrent with the Expo and Annual Meeting is NGWA’s Petroleum Hydrocarbons and Organic Chemicals in Ground Water: Prevention, Detection, and Remediation Forum on Dec. 9. Registration for the forum includes registration to the Expo.
NGWA’s Ground Water Expo attracts on average more than 5,000 groundwater professionals from throughout the industry. The average market segment breakdown is:
• 50% groundwater contractors;
• 24% manufacturers;
• 14% suppliers;
• 8% groundwater scientists and engineers; and
• 4% miscellaneous.
The Expo show floor will be open a total of 12 hours over Dec. 8 to 9 with hundreds of manufacturers and exhibitors putting equipment and technology on display.
In addition to kicking off the 2011 William A. McEllhiney Distinguished Lecture Series in Water Well Technology, attendees will have an opportunity to see the last presentation of the 2010 Henry Darcy Distinguished Lecture Series in Ground Water Science.
More than 70 other educational offerings will be provided, including:
• Consider Getting into Geothermal Drilling? It’s More than a Hole in the Ground;
• Designing More Effective Well Systems;
• Fleet Safety: Preventing Common Water Well Driller Fleet Accidents;
• How the New Tax Laws Will Affect You;
• Impacts of Shale and Coalbed Gas Extraction on Groundwater;
• Improving Well Pumping System Efficiency;
• The 21st Century Contractor;
• Profit Mastery: The Most Important Thing to Do Now; and
• Challenges to Exempt Wells: An Update.