HD Supply Waterworks, a distributor of waterworks infrastructure products, has relocated one...
Company places first in Newsweek green ratings
Company places first in Newsweek green ratings The introduction of the ecocirc pumps and new line of balance valves are part of ITT Bell Gossett’s ongoing commitment to providing green, energy-savings solutions, the company said.
Recognized as the No. 1 General Industrials Company in Newsweek’s 2009 Green Ranking, the magazine said, “ITT produces many products that are highly beneficial to the environment.”
The company offered examples of how it helps customers achieve energy savings:
• Technology such as the ECM (Electronically Commutated Motor) that allows the ecocirc circulators to use 68% less energy;
• ITT’s Technologic variable speed controls, which allow equipment to automatically adjust to process and system changes;
• OPTIFLOTM balance valves that assure proper system balance;
• Energy Performance Services pump system optimization programs; and
• Initiating energy savings programs at its manufacturing facilities--such as changing to energy-efficient lighting at its Bell Gossett factory in Morton Grove, Ill., which saved $200,000 annually.
“We will continue to be diligent in implementing energy savings technologies across all our building services product lines, including Bell Gossett, Goulds Pumps, Flygt and Lowara,” Levy said.