Accela Inc. announced today that the Department of Environmental Resources Management (DERM) has selected the company's web-based software solution, Accela Automation, to be implemented within the Department.
The new system will become DERM's Environmental Enterprise Operations System (EEOS) and will give the Department the tools needed to streamline its services and preserve the Florida environment.
The mission of DERM is to protect and conserve the land, water, and air resources of Miami-Dade County, which is composed of 31 municipalities and is home to more than 2.2 million people. The new system provides DERM with an integrated computerized system to streamline the many requests coming through its various business units-Pollution Control Division, Natural Resources Division, Water Management Division, Water & Wastewater Division, Office of Plan Review, Air Quality Management Division, and Enforcement Division.
With Accela Automation, all divisions will have access to data and information about a license, permit, or other department information from a central database. Using the product's GIS viewing functionality coupled with the department's own GIS system, DERM employees will have direct access to view geographic representations of all land-use and zoning information associated with a permit, a task that they currently perform manually.
More like this
- Department of Environmental Resources Management Awards Accela $4 Million Contract
- Hollywood, Fla. Selects Accela Asset Management Solution
- Accela to Present Overview of Collaborative Approaches to Water Infrastructure Management
- Napier, New Zealand, Adopts Accela Government Software
- Lexington-Fayette, Ky., Government Selects Accela Automation Web-Based Software