Man Angered By Water Cutoff Attacks Worker in Fla.
A 27-year-old Deltona, Fla., man apparently angered by the cutoff of water service to his home, was arrested for allegedly attacking a city water worker at a neighbor's home, according to a Volusia County Sheriff's Office news release.
Edward Jimenez allegedly approached a city water employee Tuesday at a home in Deltona after his water service had been turned off for non-payment of services, the report said.
Jimenez approached the worker and demanded to know when his water would be turned back on, the report said. When the worker said he didn't know what he was talking about, Jimenez punched the man in the face, according to the release.
Volusia County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Jimenez a short time later at his home on a misdemeanor battery charge.
Jimenez was booked into the Volusia County Branch Jail in Daytona Beach on $1,000 bond.
More like this
- Women Seek Sexual Harassment Probe of Chicago-area Water District
- Battle Over Water Resources in North, Central Florida
- Man Arrested For Allegedly Threatening Water Supply near Boston
- Volusia (Fla.) County Selects BCI to Provide Stormwater & Engineering Services
- Terror Response Plan Concerns Frederick's Mayor