Leinenkugel Joins Forces With Friends of the Chicago River
Partnership will help protect and preserve the endangered waterway
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co. officials announced a partnership with Friends of the Chicago River Wednesday to help protect and preserve the Chicago River. This summer, as part of Leinenkugel’s Canoes for a Cause initiative, the brewer is inviting Chicagoans to help raise funds to foster the vitality of the river.
Leinenkugel executives launched an online resource that encourages residents to help improve the river, and for every new “like” on Leinenkugel’s Facebook page, officials and partners will make a monetary donation to Friends of the Chicago River beginning late May.
Company executives are focusing on Chicago, a city with a special connection to the brewer, as it was the first major distribution market outside of Wisconsin. The partnership was driven in part by a recent poll that revealed water conservation and prevention of contamination as a No. 1 environmental concern among Leinenkugel consumers.
More like this
- American Water Awards Grants to 54 Community Projects
- Chicago Wilderness Panel Addresses the Future of Chicago Area Waterways
- Bush Administration Proposes Major New Funding for Great Lakes Cleanup
- Alliance for the Great Lakes Urges Chicago to Step Up Sewage Treatment
- EPA Approves New Water Quality Standards for Chicago River System