SSES Services Performed by RJN Group for Kentucky Utilities
Aiming to identify sources of inflow and infiltration
RJN Group Inc. is currently conducting a sanitary sewer evaluation survey (SSES) for Kentucky’s Louisville and Jefferson County MSD. The SSES project is being carried out in order to identify and quantify sources of inflow and infiltration.
The area where services will be performed is mostly residential with commercial areas near major roadways. Smoke testing and CCTV review of 641,600 linear ft of 6- to 60-in. gravity sewer will take place during the summer months. Manhole inspections on 2,850 manholes will also occur in this timeframe. To document the extent of groundwater entering the sewer system through sources such as sump pumps or area drains the RJN team will complete a series of building inspections on 680 homes in the survey area.
RJN was awarded the SSES contract in August of 2011.The study began in December of 2011 and is scheduled for completion by December of 2012.
More like this
- RJN Group Continues Partnership with New Castle County
- Iowa's Duck Creek Middle Basin Undergoing Inflow/Infiltration Study
- Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Survey Conducted for Illinois City
- RJN Group, Inc. Awarded Amendment for Major Contract by St. Louis Metropolitan Sewer District
- RJN Group, Inc. Inspects 716 Residential Buildings for Wheaton, Ill.