ISA Announces Keynote Speaker for Water & Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium
William Hurley chosen as speaker for his first-hand operational experience
William J. Hurley, P.E., manager at the Orange County Utilities Water Reclamation Division in Orlando, Fla., will present the keynote address at the 4th Annual ISA Water and Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium on Aug. 6, 2009, at the Doubletree Castle Hotel in Orlando.
Prior to his current position, Hurley was section manager for the South Water Reclamation Facility, which has a capacity of 43 million gal per day (mgd) and is the largest treatment facility in Orange County. His 34-year career includes several positions with various municipal governments, including positions such as utilities director for the City of Mayville, Wis.; engineer manager for the Rib Mountain Metropolitan Sewerage District in Wausau, Wis.; and engineer manager for the Heart of the Valley Metropolitan Sewerage District in Kaukauna, Wis.
Hurley was chosen as keynote speaker for his first-hand operational experience in construction, start-up and manning of various facilities; the largest being a 78-mgd wastewater treatment facility in Green Bay, Wis.
Hurley will present his keynote to a technical audience representing the chemical, communications, instrumentation, measurement, analysis and control apparatus, and utility industries.
The symposium will feature technical sessions. Topics presented will include:
• Water and Wastewater Processing;
• Automatic Controls Affecting the Process;
• Instrumentation and Aeration;
• Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition;
• Fiber Optic Network;
• PC Based Control;
• Programmable I/O;
• Generator Control Systems; and more.
All symposium offerings, including technical sessions, industry training, vendor exhibits and social networking events can be found online at www.isa.org/wwac or by calling 919.549.8411.
More like this
- Desalination Symposium Will Focus on Technology and Economic Opportunities
- NGWA Theis Conference to Focus on Groundwater and Climate Change
- IUVA and WRc plc to Host Workshop on Cryptosporidium Control in Drinking Water
- ISA Announces Keynote Speaker For ISA 2002
- WEFTEC.08 to Offer Comprehensive Education Program