As part of its ongoing enforcement of its patents, Innova
Pure Water, Inc. filed a patent infringement suit against the Brita Products
Co., a Clorox subsidiary, in the Tampa Federal Court in January. Innova is
seeking treble damages for what the company believes is willful infringement of
Innova's Patent Number 5,609,759.
A similar patent infringement action by Innova against
Aladdin Sales & Marketing, Inc. and Filtex USA Ltd. resulted in a consent
decree, issued by the Federal Court on August 10, 1999, which validated Innova's
patent. The defendants were required to permanently withdraw the infringing
product from the market and pay Innova monetary compensation.
Innova’s personal portable water filtration products
were developed as an option to bottled water, amassing 41 patents, many of which
consolidate its proprietary position in the emerging and rapidly growing
personal water bottle category.
(Source: Innova Pure Water Inc.)
More like this
- Innova Pure Water Files Patent Infringement Suit Against Brita Products Company
- Zenon Drops Patent Claim Against USFilter, USF Files Counterclaims
- USFilter Plans Vigorous Defense Against Patent Suit; Products Do Not Infringe
- Innova Biological Water Filter Scheduled for Distribution by Sawyer Products
- Trojan Technologies Set to Resume Suntec Litigation