The new American National Standard for Rotodynamic (Vertical) Pumps for Nomenclature and Definitions is available in hard copy or PDF
Hydraulic Institute (HI), the pump industry’s knowledge leader and foremost resource for pump education, has published a new American National Standard for Rotodynamic (Vertical) Pumps for Nomenclature and Definitions (ANSI/HI 2.1-2.2-2008).
This standard applies to vertically suspended pumps, including single casing (open pit intake) submersible pumps and discharge through column types (diffuser, volute and axial flow). Also included are double casing (can or suction barrel intake – diffuser and volute), and in-line casing diffuser pumps.
These pumps are typically driven by vertical electric motors or horizontal engines with right angle gears. The standard also includes types, nomenclature and definitions for these pumps.
Excluded from the scope of this document are:
• vertical in-line pumps;
• horizontal centrifugal pumps mounted vertically such as sewage pumps; and
• vertical, overhung impeller, close coupled and submersible single-stage submersible pumps.
The standard, designated by HI product code A105, is available in hard copy or secure PDF format from the Hydraulic Institute for $85. For more information, or to order, visit the HI e-Store at http://estore.pumps.org , or call 973.267.9700 x18.
HI periodically introduces new standards based on industry needs.
More like this
- Hydraulic Institute Seeking Qualified Individuals for Review Process
- HI Closes 2009 With Three New ANSI/HI Standard Releases
- Hydraulic Institute Publishes Landmark Viscosity Correction Standard
- Hydraulic Institute Recognizes Xylem Employees
- Hydraulic Institute Releases New Controlled Volume Metering for Test Standard