Hatch Mott MacDonald has acquired water and wastewater engineering firm AWS Engineers & Planners Corp., an Ontario, Canada-based firm with offices in Burlington and the Niagara Peninsula, from American Water Canada Corp.
“This acquisition is in line with Hatch Mott MacDonald’s strategic vision of expanding its already significant water and wastewater capabilities from the U.S. into the Canadian marketplace,” said Peter Wickens, Hatch Mott MacDonald Group CEO.
Through this acquisition, Hatch Mott MacDonald, with a staff of 1,000 in North America including 150 in Mississauga, Ontario will add 40 more people with expertise in water and wastewater engineering.
“AWS not only offers Hatch Mott MacDonald a platform from which we can play a role in the future development of Ontario’s infrastructure, but this acquisition will strengthen our firm’s skills and capabilities in instrumentation and control system engineering, an AWS specialty,” commented Nicholas DeNichilo, president of Hatch Mott MacDonald’s Infrastructure Unit.
More like this
- Hatch Mott MacDonald Acquires Simcoe
- Carl Bodimeade leads HMM’s Water/Wastewater Service Expansion in Canada
- Hatch Mott MacDonald Acquires Richard P. Arber Associates
- Hatch Mott MacDonald Named Engineer of Record for Tampa Bay Seawater Desalination Facility Project
- Hatch Mott MacDonald Employee Obtains Professional Engineer License