A national poll released by the Assn. of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) found that voters strongly support federal funding for water pipelines...
Haestad Methods today released GISConnect for AutoCAD, an enterprise-wide software solution that seamlessly integrates independent CAD and GIS software systems with unprecedented ease of use. This software will benefit mapping professionals in every organization by expanding and expediting the sharing of data while improving productivity for everyone from an individual desktop to a global network of people.
With this release, Haestad Methods combines the power of ArcGIS’s advanced database and geospatial analysis capabilities with the extensive functionality of AutoCAD’s drawing tools. GISConnect is an add-on to AutoCAD® and ESRI®’s ArcGIS® products and ties both environments together to provide the key benefits of each program in one application.
This software empowers users to work directly within AutoCAD providing full control over the entire dataset to create, edit, view, and manipulate ‘live’ ArcGIS data. With GISConnect, professionals can use native AutoCAD commands to perform GIS tasks, filter data spatially or via attribute queries, and select AutoCAD entities using geodatabase queries. GISConnect is compatible with AutoCAD 2002, 2002i, 2004, and all ArcGIS products of version 8 or higher.
"This capability will enable designers to work more efficiently, providing better value to their clients in support of Infrastructure Lifecycle Management," said Chris Bradshaw, Vice President of the Autodesk Infrastructure Solutions Division.
GISConnect for AutoCAD enables CAD and GIS professionals to
* View and edit ArcGIS element data inside AutoCAD
* Edit GIS data "live" from within the AutoCAD platform
* Filter data spatially or via attribute queries
* Select AutoCAD entities using geodatabase queries
* Map blocks and attributes to GIS point data
* Start and stop editing ArcGIS data directly within AutoCAD
* Work connected or disconnected from the GIS data source
* Use native AutoCAD commands to perform GIS tasks
* View spatial data by feature class, window, or custom query
* Work seamlessly between CAD and GIS (import, export or synchronization are not required)