Growth Predicted for Sludge Treatment & Odor Control Technology
Report indicates market will grow at compound annual growth rate of 4.6%
The combined North American/international market for sludge treatment and odor control technology will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% from $4.6 billion in 2008 to $5.8 billion in 2013, according to a recent report by BCC Research, Wellesley, Mass.
The international (non-North American) sludge treatment market is the largest segment of this overall business, accounting for $2.1 billion in sales in 2008 and projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5% to $2.6 billion in 2013.
The international market for treatment systems for odor control totaled an estimated $1.2 billion in sales in 2008 and is also expected to grow at a 4.5% CAGR to $1.5 billion in 2013.
In North America, the odor control treatment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% from $750 million in 2008 to more than $968 million in 2013, while the sludge treatment market will grow at a 4.1% CAGR from $600 million in 2008 to nearly $734 million, the report concluded.
More like this
- North American Fracking Water Treatment Market to Increase
- Global Market for Desalination to be Worth $5.5 Billion in 2015
- Global Market for Membrane Bioreactors Worth $488 Million by 2013
- Report Shows Smart Meter Deployments to Double Market Revenue by 2020
- Water Treatment Equipment and Supplies Market Projected to Reach $34.9 Billion in 2010