Canada’s Groupe Laperriere & Verreault Inc., announced that its water treatment group, Eimco Water Technologies, has been awarded a $18 million ($16,116,035 American currency) contract to provide the water screening systems included in Phase II of a major sea water intake infrastructure project in the industrial city of Ras Laffan, in Qatar.
Under the terms of the contract, GL&V will deliver, between June 2007 and June 2008, a complete water screening solution comprising several pieces of equipment. On completion the screening facility will treat more than 200 tons of seawater per second in order to supply a power station, an oil refinery, a seawater desalination plant and several other industrial facilities located in Ras Laffan with processed water.
Richard Verreault, president and chief operating officer of GL&V, said that this contract is the largest ever awarded to Eimco Water Technologies, as well as to the former Brackett Green company.
“It confirms the great potential we saw in this acquisition, which aimed to provide Eimco Water Technologies, among other advantages, with cutting-edge water intake screening technologies, a world-renowned trademark and an additional international growth platform in the promising municipal and industrial water treatment market,” said Verreault.
More like this
- $18 Million (CAN) Contract Awarded to GL&V’s Water Treatment Group
- Groupe Laperriere & Verreault, Inc. Acquires Environmental Equipment & Systems Inc.
- GL&V's Integration of EIMCO Progressing Faster than Expected
- GE to Supply Four Gas Turbines for Power and Water Plant in Qatar
- New Environmental Process Equipment Contracts for GL&V