New report estimates market will grow over next five years
According to a new technical market research report, “Seawater and Brackish Water Desalination (MST052B)”, from BCC Research, the global market value for seawater and brackish water desalination was an estimated $2.9 billion in 2010, but is expected to increase to nearly $5.5 billion in 2015, for a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.8%.
The largest segment in the market, made up of conventional processes, is expected to increase at the five-year CAGR of 13.8%, from $2.9 billion in 2010 to nearly $5.5 billion in 2015.
The segment of the market made up of other technologies is expected to reach $13 million in 2015. The market in 2010 is estimated to be $10 million. Thus, the five-year CAGR is projected to be 5.4%.
More like this
- New Report Analyzes Chinese Wastewater Treatment Market
- World Water Market to Double by 2015, Study Projects
- Growth Predicted for Sludge Treatment & Odor Control Technology
- Report Shows Water Utilities Market to Reach $891 Billion Through 2017
- Water Scarcity Expected to Boost the Desalination Market