Fru-Con Receives $72.9 Million Contract to Upgrade Water Plant in Maryland
Fru-Con will expand capacity of the New Design Road Water Treatment Plant
Fru-Con Construction Corp., Ballwin, Mo., has received a $72.9-million contract from the Frederick County Division of Utilities and Solid Waste Management in Frederick, Md., to expand and upgrade the New Design Road Water Treatment Plant.
Under the contract, Fru-Con will expand the facility’s capacity from 8.8 million gal per day (mgd) to 25 mgd through the installation of a pre-sedimentation basin, rapid mixers, three flocculation basins, three sedimentation basis, four filter effluent pumps and an ultraviolet disinfection system. Rummel, Klepper & Kahl (Baltimore, Md.) and Hazen and Sawyer (New York, N.Y.) provided the design services for the project.
More like this
- Fru-Con Receives $72.9 Million Contract to Upgrade Water Plant in Maryland
- Fru-Con Awarded Contracts to Expand Baltimore Treatment Plant
- Fru-Con Construction Wins Contract for Virginia Treatment Plant Expansion Project
- Balfour Beatty Infrastructure Acquires Virginia-based Contractor
- Partnering for a Piping System