Florida DEP Presents Domestic Wastewater Plant Operations Excellence Award
The award was presented to the Big Coppitt Regional Water Reclamation Facility
Each year, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) presents awards to domestic wastewater and drinking water facilities throughout the state that demonstrate excellence in operation, maintenance, innovative treatment, waste reduction and pollution prevention, recycling, or other special achievements.
The Big Coppitt Regional Water Reclamation Facility (Big Coppitt, Fla.) was awarded the 2013 Domestic Wastewater Plant Operations Excellence Award out of 34 utilities in the medium sized plant category. According to the Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority, this is the most prestigious award available in the industry. Selection criteria is based on compliance history, record keeping and reporting, customer relations, outstanding operation and maintenance practices, and facility operation including safety and staff training.
The Big Coppitt treatment facility utilizes an AquaSBR sequencing batch reactor (SBR) from Aqua-Aerobic Systems Inc. as its biological treatment system, which is an integral part to achieving the high quality water produced by the Big Coppitt wastewater plant.
More like this
- Aqua-Aerobic Holds Technical Seminar
- Aqua-Aerobic Systems Celebrates 45 Years of Service
- Aqua-Aerobic Systems Partners With San Antonio Water Systems on Treatment Plant Expansions
- Aqua-Aerobic Systems to Receive Innovative Technology Award
- Aqua-Aerobic Engineer Wins Best Poster Award at Membrane Technology Conference