FilmTec Corp., a subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Co., announced that its FILMTEC reverse osmosis (RO) elements have achieved nearly perfect performance in the thousands of North American home drinking water systems where they are installed. According to the company's warranty claim data, FILMTEC membranes achieved a 99.98 percent success rate in 2003.
According to Jon Goodman, North American market manager for FILMTEC membranes, the reliability and performance of reverse osmosis drinking water systems is directly related to the quality of the RO membrane installed. "A defective element means a defective system," states Goodman. "Each membrane failure means an increase in service calls, and a corresponding decrease in customer satisfaction. Equipment supplier and dealer reputation is also negatively impacted."
FILMTEC elements are manufactured in the USA in an ISO 9002-2000 facility.
More like this
- Dow Water & Process Solutions Technology Specified for Desalination Plant Near Perth, Australia
- Dow Wins Innovation Award at Aquatech China 2013
- World’s Largest Desalination Plant Running with FILMTEC Membranes
- Dow Signs Agreement to Acquire Zhejiang Omex Environmental Engineering Co., Ltd.
- In-Home Systems: Utilizing RO and NF Elements