Registration is now open to attend the 2012 California-Nevada Section of the American Water Works Assn.’s (CA-NV AWWA) Annual Fall Conference (#AFC12) in San Diego, Calif. at the Town & Country Hotel and Conference Center Oct. 8-11, 2012.
This four-day event draws nearly 1,200 water professionals, more than 100 vendors at the Exhibitor Expo, and industry experts to discuss the future of drinking water, technology, and services to the community. More than 200 technical presentations will be available on topics like:
- • Rapid Toxicity Testing Applications Using a Bioluminescent Marine Bacterium (Session #2)
- • Fitting an Arsenic Plant on a Postage Stamp (Session #22)
- • The Carbon Footprint of a Water Treatment Plant Upgrade: A Greenhouse Gas Analysis of the
- Rinconada Water Treatment Plant (Session #11-B)
- • Paradigm Shift: Biological Treatment for Groundwater Contaminant Removal (Session #11-B)
- • UCMR3 – Requirements, Planning, Execution and Public Relations (Session #3)
- • ShakeCast: Immediate Earthquake Damage Notification (Session #25)
The technical sessions cover diverse topics from environmental compliance and safety to information technology, and as an added value, AFC12 will offer two Technical Tours that will visit:
- • Tuesday, Oct. 9 - San Diego’s Water Purification Demonstration Project
- • Wednesday, Oct. 10 - The Water Conservation Garden at Cuyamaca College
For a complete schedule of AFC12’s Educational Sessions and Technical Tours, explore the online version of the Preliminary Technical Program.
This year’s keynote speakers offer several perspectives on the complex questions regarding utilities in the areas of infrastructure, workforce, finances, technology, water sources, and customer/stakeholder expectations. Focused on AFC12’s theme, “The 21st Century Water Utility: A Progress Report,” the CA-NV AWWA welcomes a panel discussion by Keynote Speakers that include:
Tuesday, October 9 - Opening Session
- ￼• Honorable Mayor Jerry Sanders San Diego, CA (Invited)
- ￼￼• Ralph T. Eberts, executive vice president at Black & Veatch
Tuesday, October 9 - Keynote Lunch
- • David LaFrance, executive director of the American Water Works Assn. (AWWA)
- • Cheryl Davis, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC); Chair, Baywork
- ￼￼• Doug Spiers, Westin Engineering; AWWA Strategic Management Practice Committee; CA-NV Asset Management Committee
- • Frances Spivy-Weber, State Water Resources Control Board, Vice- Chair
Thursday, October 11- Closing Keynote Lunch
- ￼￼￼• Dr. Robert Raucher, vice president of Stratus Consulting
￼￼￼￼￼For biographies and additional information on the 2012 Keynote Speakers visit the AFC12 website.
The CA-NV AWWA has responded to recent reductions in utility budgets by ensuring that the conference offers not only strong technical training, but also various opportunities for attendees to learn from each other in informal settings.
This year’s fall conference will play an integral role in the advancement of education and careers, offering attendees an opportunity to access higher learning, networking on a large scale, and qualify for up to 18 contact hours valid toward the state water operations certification renewal.
For more information on keynote speakers, registration and event highlights, visit www.ca-nv-awwa.org or call 909.481.7200.
More like this
- California Water Leaders to Deliver Keynote Speeches at CA-NV AWWA Water Conference
- CA-NV-AWWA Reaccredited as Continuing Education Provider
- Registration Opens for 2013 AMTA/AWWA Membrane Technology Conference & Exposition
- Drinking Water Experts to Address Contaminants Found in Water
- Drinking Water Conference to Address Economic, Environmental Issues