IWA Announces 2013 Project Innovation Award Winners
The Intl. Water Assn. (IWA) announced the winners of the 2013 IWA Project Innovation Awards—Development. The awards were established in 2011 to recognize and celebrate excellence and innovation in sustainable water and sanitation projects in developing countries. It supports IWA’s vision to “connect water professionals worldwide to lead the development of effective and sustainable approaches to water management”.
The scope of the awards covers water supply, sanitation and hygiene in low- and middle-income countries, in urban and peri-urban areas. Projects that demonstrate innovation and sustainability in hardware, (e.g. physical infrastructure) software (e.g. advocacy, outreach, public educational campaigns, and publicity efforts) or applied research were invited for submission.
Winners will be presented with the awards at the Project Innovation Awards—Development Global Awards Ceremony and Reception, which will take place Oct. 15 2013 at the Le Chateau, InterContinental Nairobi Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya.
Click here for a complete list of the winners.
More like this
- IWA Announces Regional Winners of 2010 IWA Project Innovation Awards
- World Water Monitoring Challenge Winners Announced
- 2nd IWA Development Congress and Exhibition
- CH2M Hill Research Project Wins IWA Project Innovation Award
- International Water Association Announces 2008 Project Innovation Award Winners