EPA assistant administrator for Water, Benjamin H. Grumbles, has signed a statement of support with six national associations to promote recommended utility performance measures and encourage the use of these tools and 10 management attributes by utilities around the country.
The "10 Attributes of Effectively Managed Water Sector Utilities" provide a reference point for utilities seeking to improve performance in the following areas:
- product quality
- customer satisfaction
- employee and leadership development
- financial viability
- infrastructure stability
- operational resilience
- community sustainability
- water resource adequacy
- stakeholder understanding and support.
"This significant agreement advances the Administration's sustainable infrastructure initiative for America and charts a course, locally and globally, for wise management of water systems," said Grumbles.
More like this
- WRF Resources Establish Performance Benchmarking for Water Utilities
- EPA Collaborates to Create "Effective Utility Management Primer"
- Changing & Sustaining
- EPA, Water Associations Release Case Studies for Effective Utility Management Practices
- Water Associations Collaborate with EPA on Utility Management