NASTT to Add SAK Vice Chairman to Hall of Fame
NASTT’s Hall of Fame honors individuals who have made a lasting impact on the trenchless industry
Robert “Bob” Affholder, vice chairman of SAK Construction LLC has been selected for induction into the Hall of Fame of the North American Society for Trenchless Technology (NASTT). NASTT’s Hall of Fame honors the group’s most accomplished members, individuals who have made a lasting impact on the trenchless industry.
Affholder, with more than 55 years of experience in the underground construction industry, joined SAK in 2007. His trenchless focus began decades earlier when the national tunneling and boring company he founded in 1968, Affholder Inc., became the first mid-American licensee of the Insituform process. In 1987, the company went public as Insituform Mid-America and later merged to form Insituform Technologies (now Aegion), where Affholder served for 10 years as vice chairman and as a member of the board of directors.
With SAK, Affolder now leads a trenchless firm that ranks among the fastest growing pipeline rehabilitation companies in the U.S. Based in O’Fallon, Mo. and with regional offices in Sacramento, Calif., Tampa, Fla. and Baltimore, the company is active across the U.S.
More like this
- RJN Group’s Catherine Morley Elected to MSTT
- Underground Solutions Receives NASTT 'Innovative Product of the Year' Award
- Stantec Hires Practice Leader for Tunnels, Trenchless Technologies
- Tunnel Excavation for Water Purification Project Comes in Ahead of Schedule
- St. Louis Sewer Rehabilitation Project Awarded to SAK Construction