Ecology and Environment, Inc., has been awarded a 3-year Blanket Purchase Agreement with EPA-Cincinnati to support watershed management projects for EPA regions nationwide.
Throughout the country, more than 20,000 stream segments comprising 300,000 miles of rivers and streams and 5 million acres of lakes exceed state water quality standards for one or more water quality criteria. EPA and individual states are taking a "watershed approach" to address water quality issues, and expect to conduct over 40,000 Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) water quality studies over the next 10 years.
Tasks under this contract fall into the categories of water quality assessments, information management, peer review and community outreach. An EPA draft study prepared last year estimated the costs to develop all TMDLs necessary to be about $69 million annually over the next 15 years.
Ecology and Environment, Inc., is headquartered in Lancaster, N.Y., a suburb of Buffalo. Its common stock is listed on the American Stock Exchange under the symbol EEI. E & E can be found on the World Wide Web at www.ene.com.
More like this
- Ecology and Environment, Inc. Awarded National Watershed Management Contract By USEPA-Cincinnati
- Tetra Tech Expands Water Programs
- Environment, Inc. Wins $5 Million Contract to Support the Everglades Restoration Program
- University of Minnesota Releases Nation's First Long-Term Plan for Statewide Water Sustainability
- Versar Awarded Stormwater Compliance Contracts