Joanne C. Rufft received the award at a luncheon on Feb. 26, 2014
Artesian Resources Corp. announced Joanne C. Rufft, director of community relations and environmental initiatives, was awarded the 2014 Women in Water Award from the Delaware Rural Water Assn. (DRWA).
At a luncheon on Feb. 26, 2014, during DRWA's 24th Annual Technical and Conference Exhibition held on the Delaware State Fairgrounds in Harrington, Rufft was presented with the 2014 Women in Water Award. The award recognized Rufft for her performance and dedication and the impact she has had on the water industry.
Rufft, who has been in the water industry for 25 years, administers Artesian's community, environmental, conservation and education programs and events. She directs Artesian's participation in the annual Christina River Watershed Cleanup, now in its 23rd year. Her educational outreach program to local schools, both in Delaware and Maryland, has taught thousands of schoolchildren about the importance of water and the way we need to protect and preserve it for future generations. Rufft also takes the lead on many of Artesian's community, charity and public service events.
"Joanne's efforts on behalf of environmental issues serve as an example for all of us. She leads by example and her hard work and dedication play a significant role in the company's successful conservation and educational mission," said Dian C. Taylor, chair, president and CEO of Artesian Resources Corp.
More like this
- Artesian Resources and Middlesex Water Discontinue Discussions Regarding Sale of Tidewater Utilities
- Decision Reached on Artesian's Request for Rate Increase
- Washington D.C. High School Student Honored for Lead Contamination Report
- Delaware Rural Water Association Helps Assure Water Security with Rapid Response Water Test Kit
- Illinois Water Environment Assn. Announces 36th Annual Conference & Exposition