Dow Water & Process Solutions Updates Ion Exchange Resin
Improvements to DOWEX MARATHON C10 include changes in particle size and color
Dow Water & Process Solutions announced improvements to its DOWEX MARATHON C10, an ion exchange resin that can be used for the removal of contaminants from water in industrial water demineralization, condensate polishing and softening.
DOWEX MARATHON C10 strong acid cation exchange resin is a uniform particle size resin. According to the company, the uniform particle size beads exhibit more uniform exhaustion, regeneration and backwash compared to conventionally sized resins. The higher level of crosslinking in DOWEX MARATHON C-10 resin also shows stability to compressive, osmotic and oxidative stresses.
Improvements to the resin include a reduction in mean particle size, increasing resin kinetic performance by 15%. This results in improved operating capacity and more efficient regenerations. The company also added a darker resin color to allow for visual monitoring and confirmation of separation from the anion resin in mixed beds, resulting in shorter rinse times and higher polished water purity.
More like this
- DOW Showcases Latest Water Solutions
- Dow to Implement Technology for New European Copolymer Manufacturing
- The High Fructose Business Is A Pretty Sweet Deal At The Dow Chemical Company
- Dow Completes Merger with Rohm and Haas
- Dow Water Solutions Announces Global Price Increase for DOWEX Ion Exchange Resins