The Department of Defense, through the Environment Security Technology Certification Program, will be funding demonstration projects for treatment of perchlorate in drinking water.
The objective of this effort is to evaluate alternative technologies that can significantly reduce the costs of removing perchlorate for large-scale drinking water treatment. The Environmental Security Technology Certification Program intends to fund multiple demonstration projects starting in 2005.
Projects will be selected through a competitive selection process. The demonstrations will be conducted at a number of selected water supply utilities in southern California that have been impacted by perchlorate.
Pre-proposals are due by November 18, 2004. Detailed instructions for federal and private sector proposes are available at www.estcp.org/opportunities/solicitations.
More like this
- Envirogen Begins Pilot on Perchlorate Treatment Project in Israel
- Envirogen Plans Biological Treatment Facility for Perchlorate Contamination
- WaterRF Initiates Research on Perchlorate Treatment Technologies and Regulations
- Magna Water Company Receives EPA Award for Water Treatment Improvements
- AdEdge Technologies Awarded Three Round 2a Arsenic Treatment Demonstration Projects