Deadline Approaching for Quality Trading Awards Program
The nomination deadline for the Blue Ribbon Water Quality Trading Awards Program is January 16, 2007. This new awards program recognizes outstanding leadership in designing or implementing water quality trading programs and policies that have achieved or will achieve environmental and economic benefits.
Trading programs allow facilities facing higher pollutant control costs to meet their regulatory obligations by purchasing environmentally equivalent (or superior) pollutant reductions from another source at lower cost. Programs may nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party.
For more information about the Blue Ribbon Water Quality Trading Awards Program including the Federal Register notice on the program, please visit http://www.epa.gov/owow/watershed/trading/awards.html
More like this
- EPA Recognizes Quality in Water Quality Trading
- March 1st Deadline for NWRI Clarke Prize Nomination
- IWA Accepting Nominations for 2008 Sustainable Urban Water Management Prizes
- WQA Issues Call for Nominations for 2007 WQA Leadership Awards
- Nominations of Outstanding Practices by Business and Industry in the Water Sector Now Sought