Computer Sciences Corporation announced today that it has signed a new information technology (IT) outsourcing agreement with Anglian Water, the largest water services company within England and Wales. The contract is valued at approximately $62 million over five years.
The new agreement follows and is incremental to a 10-year, $300 million IT outsourcing agreement CSC signed with Anglian Water in July 1995, under which CSC supports a broad range of Anglian Water's IT services.
Under terms of the new agreement, CSC will provide Anglian Water with IT services including the provision and future upgrading of Anglian Water's IT infrastructure. CSC also will implement services that will drive the development of key business initiatives such as customer billing, and Anglian Water's Operations Management Centers and Geographical Information Systems.
"The selection process was lengthy and rigorous, and CSC has beaten strong competition from other leading IT suppliers," said Peter Simpson, chief operating officer of Anglian Water. "CSC put together a strong solution which was extremely competitive and addressed Anglian Water's need to raise its game in key areas such as the innovative exploitation of IT."
"CSC is pleased to extend this important relationship with Anglian Water," said Guy Hains, president of CSC's European Group. "Building on our previous 10 years of experience and service, we are committed to continuing an innovative and dynamic relationship that delivers significant results in support of Anglian Water's business goals."
More like this
- Anglian Water Implements Intergraph for Next Generation Network Management System
- CSC Wins $86 Million EPA Contract to Provide Scientific and Technical Expertise
- American Water Works Company to Purchase Anglian Water Plc's Interest in AmericanAnglian Environmental Technologies, L.P.
- Anglian Water Buys Margin Growth with Morrison
- Anglian Water Wins Green Economy Award for Water Efficiency