New leader also chosen for Urban Water Sustainability Council
The Clean Water America Alliance will add four new directors to its board. “The Alliance is broadening its perspective and growing its membership of proven leaders,” said President Ben Grumbles. Joining the Alliance board are:
• John Batten, vice president of marketing, communications and sales for environmental consulting firm Malcolm Pirnie, the Water Division of ARCADIS;
• Ken Kirk, executive director of the National Assn. of Clean Water Agencies and past president of the Clean Water America Alliance;
• Kevin Shafer, executive director of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District; and
• Roger Wolf, director of environmental programs for the Iowa Soybean Assn., the largest state-based row-crop commodity organization in the United States.
Kevin Shafer also will take leadership of the Alliance’s Urban Water Sustainability Council as current chair Howard Neukrug is promoted to the vice-chairmanship of the Clean Water America Alliance. “Howard Neukrug and Kevin Shafer are shining stars in the water sector and we’re delighted they’ll both be leaders in the Alliance,” said chair Dick Champion.
Shafer is well known for his championship of green infrastructure issues and helping to make Milwaukee a “World Water Hub.” Neukrug is Commissioner for the Philadelphia Water Department and is known throughout the water sector for his leadership in water sustainability planning.
The Alliance thanks retiring directors Julius Ciaccia, the executive director of Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District, and Mohamed Dahab, professor and chair – department of civil engineering with the University of Nebraska in Lincoln for their service to the board and ongoing contributions to the organization.
More like this
- Water Leaders to Converge in Milwaukee to Discuss Sustainability
- US Water Alliance Adds Two Board Members
- Desalination Symposium Will Focus on Technology and Economic Opportunities
- Water Environment Federation Announces 2008 WEF Excellence Award Recipients
- Black & Veatch Launches Second-Annual Roundtable Series at WEFTEC