The Environmental and Water Resources Institute (EWRI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is calling for public comment on its Standard Practice for the Design and Operation of Precipitation Enhancement Projects. The public comment period for the revised standard is from May 1 to June 15.
Precipitation enhancement projects or cloud seeding technology was developed to increase water supplies in drought-stricken areas. The technology is intended to increase the quantity and quality of water supplies by stimulating cloud growth so that rainwater is generated.
The standard provides water resources managers and others with information and references needed to make decisions on the use of cloud seeding to increase water supplies by defining when precipitation enhancement may be conducted. The standard also provides information on how to plan, conduct and evaluate such efforts. The public comment period is one of the final stages of ASCEs consensus standards development process. The EWRI standards committee will review and address all comments submitted through the public ballot.
To obtain a copy of the public comment form and draft of the standard, send a written request accompanied by a $10 check or money order made payable to EWRI to the attention of Autumn Richter , EWRI Administrator, EWRI/ASCE, 1015 15th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, D.C. 20005. Payment must accompany the request. EWRI will not accept facsimile requests.
More like this
- Civil Engineers Call for Comment on Oxygen Transfer Rate Standard
- Civil Engineers Announce Public Comment Period on Water Quality Management Professional Standard
- Public Comment Period on Water Infrastructure Security Professional Standard
- Civil Engineers Announce Comment Period on Water Infrastructure Security Standard
- National Civil Engineering Society Calls for Comment on Proposed Standard