The Henry County (Ga.) Water & Sewerage Authority (HCWSA) said goodbye recently to its chairman of the board, as S. H. "Howell" Gardner, Jr. retired after more than 30 years of service to the authority.
All told, Gardner has given 42 years of public service to the citizens of Henry County. In addition to his most recent leadership and guidance as chairman of the board, Gardner was also a member of the Henry County Board of Commissioners as well. Remarkably, he also was one of the founding members of the HCWSA when it was chartered in 1961.
Gardner will continue to be active in the authority as an advocate for progress, offering his support to bridge the gap during transition and provide assistance to new board members and officers as needed in the future.
More like this
- Henry County Water & Sewerage Authority Board Selects Officers to Lead Utility in 2006
- HCWSA Celebrates Landmark Closing of Gate to Tussahaw Reservoir
- Water Pressure Woes Being Addressed in Henry County, Ga.
- HCWSA Lifts Moratorium on Sewer System Access in Springdale Basin
- Water and Sewerage Customers Confused by Marketing Program