The Vortab Co. shared details of its Elbow Flow Conditioner. The Vortab...
Tips offered to help conserve water
In the spirit of the new year, California American Water encourages its Ventura County customers to start 2010 out the right way by pledging to cut back daily water use and learning more about water conservation. Making a New Year's resolution to save water and limit water use is good for the environment and the pocketbook, the company said.
California water supplies have been cut by 15%, which means everyone needs to reduce water use by 15%, California American Water said.
California American Water asked its customers to take a stand and resolve to make this upcoming year different for the state's water sources and the environment, and to begin living a water conscious lifestyle.
"Although we have had some recent rains, we are a long way from being out of the drought," said Al Yanez, California American Water's operations manager in Ventura County. "Customers can use this resolution as a twofer, saving water and money."
California American Water has made it a priority to help its Ventura County customers reduce their water use and is committed to providing them with the necessary programs and resources to meet that goal. Some suggestions to carry out a resolution to conserve water include:
• Water no more than two days a week during the winter months;
• Water before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m. to prevent water evaporation;
• Limit watering to 15 minutes outdoors each day per station. Use a weather based controller to prevent over-watering during wet weather;
• Use a hose nozzle with a shutoff valve while washing vehicles;
• Turn off decorative water features unless they re-circulate water;
• Repair leaks immediately. This could save hundreds of gallons of wasted water a month;
• Avoid water waste by limiting water use while doing yard work. Don't allow water to runoff onto sidewalks, driveways or gutters. Use a broom instead of a hose to wash down paved surfaces; and
• Pick up free water-saving shower heads, hose nozzles and faucet aerators.