Black & Veatch has been selected to provide specialty consultancy services on a Drainage Master Plan for the urban centre of Guangzhou City in Guangdong Province, China.
“Black & Veatch has a strong reputation for providing innovative solutions on drainage projects in congested urban environments throughout Asia and the rest of the world,” said Alan Man, who is responsible for leading client services for Black & Veatch’s water business in the North Asia region. “This project award further increases our presence in the China water engineering industry and expands our Chinese operations.
Black & Veatch will work closely with the Guangzhou Urban Planning Design & Survey Research Institute and the Guangzhou Municipal and Landscape Bureau on the study. The project team will review the performance of the existing drainage system and devise a Drainage Master Plan that will focus on short-term and long-term improvement measures for Guangzhou City, which includes the city centre. Options for rainwater harvesting as part of a wider water resources management strategy will also be evaluated.
“Our goal is to find environmentally sound solutions to drainage problems in urban areas,” said Ralph Eberts, managing director of Black & Veatch’s water business in Asia Pacific.
Black & Veatch has been working in Guangzhou since January 2005 on the World Bank-funded Guangdong Pearl River Delta Urban Environment Project and has been operating in Mainland China since 1978.
More like this
- B&V Awarded Consulting Services Contract for Projects in China
- Black & Veatch Named Top Consulting Company for the Water Industry in China
- Black & Veatch Names Hong Kong Office Global Center of Excellence for Buried Water Infrastructure
- Black & Veatch to Improve Wastewater and Solid Waste Management Facilities in Liuzhou, China
- Black & Veatch Begins Water Treatment Project in Vietnam