Black & Veatch Launches Company to Support Management of Water, Wastewater and Power Facilities
infraManagement Group, LLC will focus on asset management, technology and capital project management
Black & Veatch is extending its capabilities in the water, wastewater and power industries by launching infraManagement Group, LLC. The editorial staff of Water & Wastes Digest, Water Quality Products and Storm Water Solutions discussed the new launch with Dick Heenan, chief operating officer for Black & Veatch.
infraManagement Group, LLC (iMG) will be focused on assisting owners in the management of assets. It also provides support to non-utility owners of energy and water operations—such as financial institutions, airports, colleges and industrial users—that want to focus on their core business and have a trusted partner manage the assets.
"This new launch will round out and complement Black & Veatch's existing portfolio," Heenan said.
Core services offered by iMG include:
• Capital planning and prioritization;
• Day-to-day operations and maintenance;
• Finance and accounting, including budgeting and planning for operations and capital improvements;
• Business support services such as procurement, fleet management, human resources and information technology services;
• Major project execution;
• Regulatory compliance and reporting, including supporting plant asset owners in responding to priority state mandates to reduce energy consumption in water and wastewater systems; and
• Communication liaison providing an important link between asset owners and outside parties.
The group currently is in discussion with five cities to support their water, wastewater, gas and electric components as well as with several investors, according to Heenan. He added that iMG will focus primarily on North America at first, though overseas assets may very well be an early part of its work.
“iMG clients benefit from our deep technical and asset management experience in the water and electricity generation industries, which Black & Veatch has served for more than 90 years,” said iMG President Rodger Smith. “Our services help plant asset owners respond to a range of challenges by reducing business risk, improving plant efficiency and, where appropriate, supporting the monetization of their facilities to raise cash for other community purposes.”
More like this
- EDS and Black & Veatch Join Forces to Enhance Global Presence with IT Services Agreement
- Black & Veatch to Help Yorkshire Water Reduce Carbon
- Annual Report Addresses Key Issues Facing Water Utilities
- Black & Veatch Becomes IAM Endorsed Assessor for PAS 55
- Black & Veatch Management Consulting Invests in Integrated Solutions