Black & Veatch Joins Celebrations for Opening of Singapore’s Largest NEWater Plant
Company a key consultant to developer, builder, owner and operator of plant
Singapore’s senior minister, Goh Chok Tong, opened the Sembcorp NEWater Plant in Singapore. The event was well attended by senior public officials and business leaders in Singapore, as well as a number of executives from Black & Veatch’s Asia-Pacific offices in recognition of the company’s role as a key consultant to Sembcorp Industries, the developer, builder, owner and operator of the plant.
Sembcorp NEWater Plant is one of the largest water recycling facilities in the world and has won numerous international awards. Sembcorp was awarded the project in January 2008 and has an agreement to supply PUB, Singapore’s national water agency, with NEWater for the next 25 years. Black & Veatch provided full design engineering services for the plant, along with construction support and commissioning services.
The plant uses the main advanced water treatment process steps of microfiltration, reverse osmosis and ultraviolet radiation to produce NEWater, Singapore’s own brand of ultra-clean, high-grade reclaimed water. The plant, together with the existing four plants, will enable NEWater to meet 30% of Singapore’s total water demand.
More like this
- Stage One of Singapore Recycling Facility Complete
- Black & Veatch Performs Consultancy Services for Singapore Desalination Plant
- ADS LLC Features its Hykron Leak Listening System at AWWA ACE10
- Black & Veatch to Conduct 5th Water Reuse Roundtable Discussion
- Black & Veatch Awarded for Singapore-Tuas Seawater Desalination Project