Anonymous sources indicate Bilfinger's interest in acquiring the water technologies business
Bilfinger SE is considering placing a bid on the Siemens AG water technologies business that is currently for sale, according to two anonymous individuals familiar with the situation, reported by Bloomberg.
Bilfinger CEO Roland Koch said he has 850 million Euros or $1.1 billion available for acquisitions. The Warrendale, Pa.-based Siemens has an estimated value of 500 million Euros to 900 million Euros, according to Morgan Stanley.
Bilfinger currently has 2,000 employees in its water treatment segment.
Representatives from Bilfinger and Siemens declined to comment on the matter.
More like this
- Report Outlines Merger Activity in Liquid Filtration Market
- Siemens Sends Drinking Water Treatment Equipment to Victims of Tsunami
- AEA Investors Completes Acquisition of Siemens Water Technologies
- Siemens Awarded Ultrafiltration Membrane Project in Eastern China
- AEA Investors to Acquire Siemens Water Technologies