Spain-based water company will acquire 51% of NRS
Befesa, a Spain-based industrial waste and water management company, announced on October 13 the agreement to acquire, through its water treatment subsidiary, 51% of NRS Consulting Engineers, a U.S. company specializing in the design and construction of water plants.
This acquisition will enhance the synergies of both companies, allowing them to work together on large desalination plant projects in the U.S., with concentration in leading water management states including Texas, California and Florida. Moreover, both companies joined together with a goal to boost the use of sustainable technologies to develop solutions that improve integral efficiency in the entire water cycle.
As Befesa's Chairman, Javier Molina declared, “this acquisition represents Befesa's entry into the United States through a company highly specialized in desalination, providing us with the opportunity to grow in this promising market.” Befesa has recently seen significant growth, closing 2007 with capital in excess of $600 million.
More like this
- Alquimia Develops Innovative Waste Treatment System
- Spanish Engineering Specialist to Build Desalination Plant in Australia
- Trojan Technologies to Acquire Majority Interest in US Peroxide
- Toray Provides RO Membranes for Two Chinese Desalination Plants
- Dow to Build Global Water Technology Development Center in Spain